Monday, March 14, 2011

We're Coming to America (in 2 weeks), Today!

I can't wait to sing that song for reals.
Hallelujah!

As I mentioned before, I am stuck in Italy. Stuck you say? Yes, stuck! Yeah, yeah, I'm extremely lucky to have the opportunity to live in Italy and travel and eat and blah, blah, blah, but momma is ready to go home.

In honor of that glorious homecoming, here are some things I have missed for seven months and cannot wait to see/use/have/go to again.

First up on the list we have the delicious Ken's Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
Next up and equally as important as ranch dressing, I give you Starbucks! (Don't tell Starbucks, but any coffee shop that will give me normal coffee, vanilla flavored coffee, or iced coffee to go will do.)This next place is very near and dear to my heart. I have spent more money here than anywhere in the entire world and the thought that I will soon be here raises my heart rate. And look how modern this particular store is! Two levels!
I can find the occasional avocado here in Italy, but there's something different about it. That's besides the fact that cilantro can't be found here. A travesty! So while I'm able to put together a mush that slightly resembles my favorite dip, I get to spend April-August eating the ruuullll deal!


Roaming the streets of this city.

I would consider Chicago my home only because I've been there for the past 9 years, but I can't deny my roots. Danville, Illinois, SUUUUPP! Danville is home to the one and only Royal Donut. A pretty shady looking joint, but delish donuts and the most amazing iced smiley face sugar cookie you will ever eat. Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the cookie, but here's a pic of the building that makes and houses the cookie.
Italian food is fresh, usually pretty healthy, and extremely tasty, but it's hardly ever FRIED. Onion rings rule.

I've made myself out to look pretty chubbs, so I'll end in a different direction. I'm psyched for church because I'm not Catholic and I don't speak Italian and that rules me out of participating in most Italian events. So from April-August, I take advantage of going here.

Cats! Cats! Cats! Cats! I had to give up these little guys because Derek is allergic and soon I will be able to hold them in my arms again. Now I present to you Rudy (tan) and Ollie (black). Funny story - Rudy and Ollie are bros and when we went to adopt them, Ollie's original name was Czar. Changed that ruuulll quick.
And last but not least, I can't wait to pounce on this little lady, bride to be, and adoptive mother to Rudy and Ollie (Czar), Tess! Tess is my only friend that is literally not priceless. We met in beauty school, we both hated beauty school, neither of us do hair now, but we are still paying major bucks for it, so we just pretend we're paying for our friendship instead. That makes it seem more worthwhile.
Night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment