Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Home Is Where The Heart Is

I think it was mentioned before that Derek and I don't have a home. I wrote that because it's true, we don't have a home. The team provides us with an apartment during the season and then from April-August we just kind of slum around, moving from his parents house to my parents and then we sublet for a few months. We're actually beginning to look a lot like Jenelle and her latest boyfriend Kiefer.

However, there is an ache in my bod that I fear may only go away once we buy a home and I CAN DECORATE! I usually try to spruce up whatever place we're living in, but it's so hard to constantly decorate and then pack it all up again. It's really not worth the effort, but that hasn't stopped me from picking up decorations and goodies here and there. These are some words I would like my future home to embody:
  • French (that's actually my word for life, French)
  • comfortable
  • cottage
  • chic (what does that even mean?)
  • white kitchen
  • burlap
  • stuff that goes together, but does NOT all match
  • that's it
Soooo.....while Derek selfishly asked for a fishing rod for Christmas, I unselfishly asked for things we can use in our future home. That's just the kind of gal I am. I won't show you pics of everything, but I did ask for a few 'throw' pillows and then I ordered a couple on my own from Etsy. I feel a lot of energy coming out of these things.

My favorite pillow and one of my favorite Etsy shops, Secdus.

My second favorite pillow and another favorite Etsy shop, Cottage Ruffles.

Burlap!

Love this pillow and she's raising money to adopt. Sold!

You go have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment