Sunday, March 27, 2011

Enchuligoon,Inchooligune,Entschuldigung

Well, it's that time of year again. We're headed home to Chicago! But first, a stop in Munich.

We don't fly out of Munich until Thursday, but we're going there tomorrow to stay with our friends Mike and Kristen for a few days. Our times with them are filled with eating, laughing, and arguing. There's arguing between Derek and I, Kristen and Mike, Kristen and myself, and Kristen and Derek, but NEVER between Derek and Mike.


Mike was Derek's roommate in college and I'm so happy the stars aligned and brought them together. They're a match made in heaven. Kristen on the other hand is a PIECE OF WORK! This girl is constantly making me do things I don't want to do. Examples: Make french toast for her, buy an all day sledding pass to sled down the mountain 28 times (my gloves weren't exactly waterproof Kristen), and go to Dachau, a former concentration camp. Not to mention she's a dietician and personal trainer and she tells me my walks with the dog (UPHILL) are not burning very many calories. I tried to make her like me more by telling her about the exercise class I like to take in the summer, The Bar Method, and she said those are the things she does with her clients when they don't feel like moving. A few months ago she called to ask me if I would like to get an hour long massage for like $20 on Groupon. Duh, yeah, I want that. Well, I'm not going to get it because she never ordered it! This girl is the worst!


Surprise, surprise. She jumped in front of the picture I was taking. Twice. You're such a disease!

(Okay, but seriously, we have the best time with them and Kristen is hilarious. Plus, her skin and teeth are perfect, so she's very enjoyable to look at. And last time we saw her, she paid me $10 to blow out her hair.)

I'm psyched for Munich. I've had the opportunity to go to quite a few cities over here and other than Paris, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Munich is my second favorite city. I think it's because we always have so much fun there and because it's so big with so many things from home, life feels normal for a few days. Our trip there always comes right when we need it along with a Mexican din din right when we need it. Guacamole and tacos served by Germans always hits the spot!

I probably won't be able to blog while I'm there because the conditions in their apartment don't allow for much writing. Kristen's usually yelling or at least speaking loudly to me and that doesn't allow me to go to my happy place.

Goodbyeeeeee Italy!
Next stop: A land where ranch flows like a river and clouds are made of chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment: