Monday, April 4, 2011

I like when the music stops and you clap your hands in the air..

(I know there was a country music awards show on last night and I SWEAR I had this planned beforehand. I deserve some credit.)

I may be jumping ship a little early here, but summer is on its way people! I may not be getting out the 'ol extra long, non-revealing jean shorts yet, but I can feel it in my bones. And what better way to celebrate sunshine, warmth, and days that last from 6 am to 9 pm than with country music!

'Tis the season!

I'm not going to hide who I am so that you think I'm super cool in my musical tastes because I'm not. When summer rolls around, I LOVE country music! I love driving down the street with my windows down, radio up, one foot on the dashboard, and one foot hanging out the window. The country music writers know summer is their time to shine too. I don't know how it happened, but objects/scenarios/ideas associated with summer make incredible country songs.
Case in point:
  • igloo coolers
  • strawberries
  • ice cold cherry coke
  • fireflies
  • toes in the sand
  • corn on the cob
  • 4th of July (note*nothing makes a greater country song than talk of freedom)
  • sweet tea
  • yacht clubs
  • wa wa melons
Don't be afraid to buy tickets to an outdoor country concert this summer. It doesn't matter which one, there will be hundreds to choose from! Once there, appropriate behavior would be to hold up your lighter, wave your hands slowly back and forth during love songs, and (my personal favorite) make sure you have a guy standing behind you with his arms wrapped around your waist and his head resting on your shoulders. This way you can both sing along and be able to look at one another lovingly. You'll also want to dress appropriately, but you're in luck here. You can literally wear anything and people will think you look great! However, if you want to go the extra mile, you can do one of three things! 1.) Show a little nip 2.) Show a little booty 3.) Wear the cowboy hat you just bought that day.

TAAAAYLOOOR! AAHHHHHH! I LOVE YOUUUUUUU!

I can't stop listening to her latest album 'Speak Now.' It makes me feel young and alive again! Here's a treat for you for reading my blog - my favorite song, 'Never Grow Up.'


"I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone....." That's a little bit heartbreaking Taylor. ♥

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post!! I have to admit I like a bit of country every now and again but it's not something we get a lot of in the UK!! I do love Taylor Swift: I even got my Reception class the other year loving her! One of the parents told me their kids constantly sang one of her songs- Oops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Taylor too! She's too cute for words. I saw Miranda Lambert this year - that was a fun concert. She's just ... down home, no frills country. Well, on this tour anyway! Hoping to catch a few others this summer but we'll see! Keep us posted on who you see and where!

    ReplyDelete