Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Be Still My Heart

Speaking of weddings.....

My wedding was a little over a year ago in Italy, in the small valley we've lived in for the past two years. While I'm perfectly happy with it, I didn't get to plan quite the way I had been looking forward to planning. As luck would have it, my brother is getting married this summer and I'm trying my hardest to get in on that as the 'wedding planner.' I wrote to tell him some of my very reasonable and economical ideas, but he seems to think I'm being "bossy" and "controlling." I don't think so bro, just BRILLIANT and CREATIVE.

As I did research on how I would like to decorate their wedding, my mind drifted to the ever important CAKE. This is possibly because I had an ice cream cake, randomly picked up the morning of the wedding and then left in the car longer than it should have been. Boooo......

There are a million cakes I love, but I prefer simple and elegant. This first cake is from my friend Debbie's wedding. It was made by their good friend Judith Clair and you can find her website here. Her work is amazing and if you are in the Ontario area, I would highly suggest using her for your cake/cupcake needs! Not only are her baked goods beautiful, so is she! Seriously, she's a babe.
This last cake sends my hear aflutter! (Although I would order a taller version.)
There may just be some vow renewing if I can get my hands on this cake!

1 comment:

  1. That last one is unbelievable! I love it. There are definitely some amazing cakes in that post! Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum!

    ReplyDelete