Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Best Thing I Ever Ate

I've done the unthinkable. I've gone and gotten myself a job! I'll just be nannying, so it's not exactly brain surgery, but it still requires a lot of my time, so posts may be a bit sporadic in the coming months. Don't cry my loves, I'll still be around!

Now, in honor of one of the best meals I've ever had at an extremely cute restaurant in Chicago, Cafe Touche, I'd like to start a new topic that I'll bring back every once in awhile. Have you ever seen that show on the Food Network, 'The Best Thing I Ever Ate?' They do different episodes with appetizers, salads, desserts, etc. Well I thought that would be fun to do here! I've had the opportunity to live in an amazing food city for the past eight years, so I've tasted some mighty delicious things, plus I LOVE food so, so, so much.

Let's just start out with a bang and go with 'The Best Thing I Ever Ate......Ever!'

Carrot Cake
from
Hub 51This is absolutely the most amazing thing I've ever tasted in my life!
The carrot cake itself is moist and delish, but of course the cream cheese icing will be what makes you poo your pants! You see those two scoops? You think it's ice cream, right? It's not. One scoop is whipped cream and the other is a huge scoop of CREAM CHEESE ICING! I really don't have much else to say about it, other than it's the most delicious thing I've ever eaten.

*Not to completely change the subject, however, I have some really great news to share! Did anyone read my former post about adoption?! Specifically Brad and Tara?! After two court dates and about a month in Ethiopia, they finally passed and will be coming home soon with their new son, Jacob! He's about four months old I believe, so adorable, and I know everyone is just so happy for them!

Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment