Friday, June 24, 2011

Schmina Tey

Lately, it seems as though people have been coming out of the woodwork, OUT OF THE WOODWORK!, asking what is on my summer reading list. You know what I say to those people? What's NOT on my summer reading list? Am I right or am I right? Chuckle, chuckle. If the Morton Grove Public Library has it, this girl is reading it.

I normally prefer to read non-fiction, specifically history, because I like to learn. Knowledge is power! Am I right or am I right? However, I chose at the beginning of the summer to make this a 'Fiction Summer' and I've been sticking to my word (until this past week when a World War II book crept in there). Thankfully, Tina Fey's 'Bossypants' doesn't seem to fall into any category whatsoever. Even biography! It's nothing but a bunch of words that make up so much funny-ness, you won't be able to stop lol'ing! Not the lol that you write in a text or email just because, but a real LOL that leaves you in good spirits the rest of the day. (And I suppose it is a biography.)

Tina Fey is FU-UU-NNY! Like, this book, is so good you may even reread it. I can't help but notice that Tina and I have quite a bit in common. These common traits range from physical ailments to the fact that she must have lived right by where I lived in Rogers Park last summer. I highly, highly recommend reading this, I was done in one day!

*Side note* I was so happy to be reminded, by Tina, about the 30 Rock episode where Jenna is starring in a movie called 'The Rural Juror.' Pure comedy!!


YES! YES! YES!

1 comment:

  1. Man, it must be tiring to always be hunted down like that ;) I would LOVE to read her book. Thanks for pointing out that there is one (I apparently still live in the woodwork, lol). Aren't lazy summer reads the best?!

    ReplyDelete