Sunday, July 24, 2011

Dude, that is like, so, Nautical!

Summer has got me feeling awfully nautical! Not nautical in the sense that I'm hanging out at pools and beaches, but clothig nautical. Blue, white, and gold - so Nautical! This look to me says, I'm a little preppy, but I'm also a little French. Although I don't think the French ever actually go for a nautical theme, the French do have a very distinct look and I'm working hard to make this look mine. (No, I will never stop talking about being French. How can I? It's who I am, it's who I was born to be.)

Let's see here...... I started off the summer with a pair of gold earrings. Bada bing, bada boom. You don't get much fancier than fake gold. Next, there was a shirt I badly wanted at a German Zara, but wasn't able to buy because I guess I hadn't done enough chores or something for the week. Instead I went with my second favorite look, a cardigan! (I bought a red cardigan on clearance and it's long enough to cover up underwear lines. Win, win.) Anyways, the nautical shirt I didn't get to buy really put my wheels into motion and before I knew it, it's all I could think about! I've gone on to buy a blue and white striped cardigan, blue plaid Sperry's, another fake gold piece of jewelry (I obviously only buy the finest things in life), a super cute little blue and white striped "dress" that is not a dress at all, but a long top, and I received a blue and white striped bag for my birthday! I am looking gooooood this summer!

The nautical theme has now consumed my whole life and I have begun to vision a home in which a little boys room is decorated with this look and/or a bathroom!

1 comment:

  1. I love the nautical theme! For some reason our bathroom always has a beachy/nautical theme to it :)

    ReplyDelete